Downloading apps on your device from the official Google Play Store is a relatively simple process. But you might want to download APK versions of your favorite Google Play Store apps.
However, the Play Store doesn’t give you the option to download APK files directly. In this detailed guide, we have shared some of the easiest ways how to download apk from google play store quickly.
Table of Contents
Easy Ways To Download APK Files From Google Play Store
There are two most commonly used ways to download APK files from Google Play Store and the perfect method for you depends on whether you are looking to download a lot of applications, or you are looking for one specific app that is not offered on your specific phone model.
1. Download APK Files From APK Downloader
This APK downloader will fetch the APK file from the Google Play store and will host it on its own servers from where you can download the file. And this downloader only allows you to download free apps and games from the Google Play store, not paid ones to prevent app piracy.
- First, you need to open the Google Play Store on your Android device and go to the app that you want to download.
- You can search for an app in the Search bar at the top of the screen. And when you find the app, just click on its name to open its details page.
- Now, click the three-dot menu at the top-right corner of the screen to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap on Share from the drop-down menu to open your sharing options on a pop-up panel.
- Just select Copy to clipboard from the Share menu and it will copy the app’s URL to your clipboard.
- Open Evozi’s APK Downloader in a web browser. And as you have already copied the URL to your clipboard, you can use it to save the APK to your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Now, you can paste the app’s Google Play URL in the box at the top and then click the Generate Download Link button to generate a link for saving the APK file.
- Click the Click here to download button to save the selected app’s APK file to your device.
2. Downloading APK From APK Websites
If you are looking for a much easier way to access APKs from Google Play, then two other websites also exist to help you.
However, you would not be downloading the APK directly from Google, but both APKMirror and APKPure are trusted websites that can help you.
But you can’t use APKMirror or APKPure to download paid applications because both sites have restrictions on offering any kind of pirated software. Here is how you can use APKMirror:
- Open the website and search for the application that you want to download.
- When you have found out the most recent version of an application, tap on See available Downloads to get a full list of variants for different system architectures.
- Select the app that is perfect for your phone, and then use the Download APK button to download the app directly to your device.
And if you are using APKPure, then:
- First, you need to find the app on this website that you want to install.
- Then, just tap the Download button.
- And if you are downloading the APK files to your computer, but you need to install them on your phone, then you can use a USB cable to transfer the file from your computer to your phone.
How To Download APK From Google Play Store To Your PC Quickly
Sometimes you might want to download the APK files on your PC particularly if you are an Android developer and you want to explore codes that are used in the development of an Android app. Here are 3 methods that you can use to download APK from Google Play Store on your PC.
1. Using Browser Extension
Downloading APK files with this method requires a browser extension and you can use the extension on either your Chrome web browser or Firefox.
- First, you will need to visit Chrome Web Store and then search for APK Downloader.
- Now just click on Add to Chrome to download the browser extension. After that, you need to launch it from the list of extensions you have on your Chrome or Firefox browser.
- It will take you to a new page. On that page, you will find boxes with options like Package Name or Google Play URL, Device, Architecture, and Android Version.
- Now you need to paste the Play Store URL of the APK that you want to download and you can select your device type, architecture, and also your Android OS version.
- You can now click on the Analyze Button and download the APK file of the app from the list of different versions of the apps you see on the new screen.
2. Download APK Files From Other APK Websites
Google Play Store is the official app store for Android devices, but it is definitely not the only platform that has a variety of applications and games.
There are other dedicated platforms that allow users to download the APK files for the applications and games that they want to download.
You should know these popular websites from where you can download APK files and save them on your PC. Here we have listed some of these websites
3. Downloading APK Files Via Web Browser
If you don’t want to download APK files on your PC through the use of browser extensions, then there is another excellent way to download APK from the Play Store where you need to visit the website directly.
- First, you need to open Evozi’s APK Downloader on your web browser.
- Then, just open Google Play Store on another webpage and search for the application that you want to download.
- Now, click on the app to open its details page and copy the app URL from the URL bar or the address bar of your browser.
- Then paste the copied app URL in the box at the top of the Evozi APK downloader webpage and click on Generate Download Link to generate a download link.
- Select the Click here to download Button to start downloading the APK file of your app.
When You Need To Download The APK Installer Of An Android App
There are several reasons why you might want to download the APK installer of an Android app from the Google Play store, such as:
- In Google Play Store, it says that a particular app or game is incompatible with your Android device, however, you know that the app would work well enough on your device.
- An Android app sometimes might not be available for download in the Google Play store of your region or country.
- A particular app is listed on the Google Play store but you want to install that app on another Android device that doesn’t have the Play Store.
Wrap Up On How To Download APK From Google Play
APK Downloaders are an excellent way to download APKs directly from Google Play Store without using a third-party service, however, the limitations on these platforms can cause you problems.
So, you can use APK websites such as APKMirror or APKPure and both these websites are really easy to use.
Also, you can generally download APK files from these websites without the restrictions and error messages received with APK Downloader.
We hope that our article has helped you to learn how to download APK from Google Play Store. Please share your thoughts and experiences regarding downloading APK files from the Google Play Store in the comments below.
FAQ: How To Download APK From Google Play
Many people want to know the right method to download APK files from Google Play Store and they also have several related questions. So, here we have tried to answer some of the most frequently asked questions on this topic.
Q1. Why Are APKs Not Installing On Your Phone?
Ans: If your phone is low on space, then it can stop apps from downloading and installing. And if you have got a notification about storage space, then your device may be low on space.
Q2. Is APK Harmful For Android?
Ans: Downloading APKs is definitely safe if you get them from trusted websites. And getting your APKs from secure sources is extremely important because of the possibility of getting viruses on your device.
Q3. Which Is The Best APK Installer For Android?
Ans: The best APK Installer for Android devices is the one developed by Uptodown. Because with just one tool, you can install apps, send APKs to another device, and even manage your installed apps and you would get everything for free and with total security.